Life In The Slow Lane...
My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
This is a commentary about the slow lane, about the slowing of time since I suffered a severe brain injury while skateboarding with my dog. This is a blog about recovery; about our '82 VW Westfalia. It's about writing, surfing, camping, married life, bleeding ulcers that make you feel old at 32; about family, friends, and my dog Artie; it's about cruising in fourth gear, getting passed by every car and learning to appreciate every second of it.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stress? What Stress?

My doctor asked me today if I was under a lot of stress. I told her I didn't think so. I followed that by saying that work is difficult with an abbreviated attention span. I mentioned that my relationship with my family is strained. I told her I am extremely irritable and can't really differentiate between good or bad moods.

"Yeah, I guess I might be a bit stressed out," I told her.

"It sounds like you may be suppressing things," she said.

"Possibly."

She told me stress could be the reason for the fatigue, my overall despair, and the desire to escape. She followed that by saying that those things could also be a result of low-testosterone levels, or just the injury to the brain.

Whatever the reason these past two months have been difficult. I have been erratic, unable to concentrate on work, irritable, and fatigued. Two weeks ago, I decided to get back on Wellbutrin. Not much has changed. But, what do I expect? I can't even admit to having a little bit of stress.

3 comments:

  1. You ARE making progress though. Read back through your blog.
    It won't be instantaneous unless a miracle happens. One step at a time. You are doing better.
    AND you did in the end come to realize with your doc that ..yes...you are stressed...you did admit it after you thought about it. So another step in your journey was taken.
    I also just read it takes 4-6 wks for wellbutrin to start working. B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to visit your blog, really hope to become your friends so can view the latest content in your blog,
    breathing exercises for anxiety
    regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Progress is one of those tricky things that doesn't always make sense, and isn't always noted, when it's happening. BTW, I listed you as an inspiration on my blog. I'm still reading. Your words are important to me.
    Sammantha
    http://sammanthamollyford.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete