Life In The Slow Lane...
My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
This is a commentary about the slow lane, about the slowing of time since I suffered a severe brain injury while skateboarding with my dog. This is a blog about recovery; about our '82 VW Westfalia. It's about writing, surfing, camping, married life, bleeding ulcers that make you feel old at 32; about family, friends, and my dog Artie; it's about cruising in fourth gear, getting passed by every car and learning to appreciate every second of it.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Best and Worst Day Of My Life



Tomorrow is our fourth wedding anniversary. It is also the day, two years ago, that I fell.

Needless to say I have some mixed feelings about September 22. For me it was the day that I married the woman I love. The person that on one summer night 18 years ago in Florida, I met; the start to a relationship that will last my lifetime.

At the same time it is the day that I nearly lost it all. A day that fractured my skull and my family.

It's not an issue of which one matters more. I know which one that is. It's that the injury will be there, for both of us.

4 comments:

  1. doe,

    I love u for loving my daughter as u do...hope 2 c u soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. For her, the love of your life , your wife, the one who will always be there for you....forget it is the anniversary of your brain injury...neither of you need to know that, to remember it...your life is what it is and is moving forward...although slowly...forward it goes...don't look back...it will hurt you both....help her, love her....by forgetting it...celebrate with her your life to come...together. For at least that one day...your gift to her...forget your injury, make it about celebrating life. B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a really good day on the 22nd. I wish for only the best for you both! Happy 4th Wedding Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. i visited your blog today...and Happy anniversary to you both...much love and life in the slow lane....my favorite lane.

    ReplyDelete